Tuesday, March 13, 2012

2 Week Recap


Because it's been a while since my last post here's a quick recap of the last two weeks of my life.
  • I recovered from being sick. I took an extra rest day as a result of being sick but that was the best choice for me and my body.
  • I had a snow day in college! I also got stuck leaving my driveway that day which resulted in me running back up my driveway because my brother wasn't answering his phone since he was sleeping. I took another rest day as I didn't want to drive home in the dark, and I was able to follow my aunt (who has 4-wheel drive) home which made me much more comfortable driving my car home.
  • I was one of 3 students in my online managerial economics class to score between 90 and 95 percent (highest of the class) on our first exam of the class. I'm not always the best student so to be one of 3 students to score that well felt pretty amazing. Ok, ok I won't take all the credit for it considering Chelsea and I worked on it together and we had another friend's answers to compare ours to. But still!
  •  I lost 2 pounds since 2/16/12! I honestly was not expecting this. It renewed my motivation to keep pushing on through all of the struggles of trying to change my habits and lose weight. Also, I decided to come up with a rewards system for my weight loss journey. I will reward myself for every 5 pounds lost, and every 10 pounds will be a bigger reward while every 5 pounds is a small reward.
  • I got back on track with my workouts. Sunday I walked almost 5 miles in 83 minutes up and down the "mountain". It isn't really a mountain, just a steep hill with skiing but it's name includes mountain in it. My legs are still feeling it today!
Since seeing Brantley Gilbert in concert, as the opener for Eric Church, in January I've been obsessed with listening to his music.  Here's one of his (great!) songs.


Tomorrow is filled with work and school followed by a weights workout.  Thankfully it's also Wednesday which means we're going to be halfway through the week!

1 comment:

HollieisFueledByLOLZ said...

Glad to see everything is coming along well. Everything is really coming along and two pounds is awesome! AH-I'm also super jealous of your score on your test too! Anyways-can't wait to read more! :)