Monday, July 25, 2011

Camping Part 2

Better late than never right?  Right!  So, it's finally here. :)

I left off my last camping post with me going to take some more pictures and enjoy more alone time with nature and Bo.

As I was enjoying just sitting in nature I had some visitors.  At first I thought they were chipmunks but I was later informed that they are in fact gophers.

Can you see the visitor?

I was sitting in my zero gravity chair when I happen to glance to my left and spotted the little critter.  There was actually more than one and they served as entertainment for a while.  Bo was still enjoying the shade of the camper while sleeping so he missed out on all of the excitement.  Maybe that was a good thing though?

There it is!

My parents returned from the wedding after I stopped being entertained by the gophers.  We had hamburgers for dinner without ketchup! :(  My dad doesn't use ketchup so of course he didn't think to pack that for our camping trip.  I was so sad.

Even though the gophers were still scurrying around, including some tiny young ones, my dad and I found new entertainment in these crazy young people.



My dad and I were watching from our campsite to see if they would survive the strong current.  That sounds bad but it's the truth.  We thought they were crazy for being in there and thought for sure that one of them would fall.  Lucky for them no one did.

My parents left me again to return to the wedding reception.  I stayed outside in my zero gravity chair until it was dark.  This was my view.



I of course spent some time playing with that handsome little devil!

Isn't he cute??

Once it got dark we moved it inside the disgusting camper.  Oh yea, did I mention that we found out the AC doesn't work?  It was so hot that night nothing but clothes were needed for sleeping.  But while Bo and I were waiting for my parents to come back from the wedding we started watching NCIS Season 2.  Well really I watched and Bo slept because it was past his bedtime (9pm).  I counted Bo as another person so I wasn't drinking alone when I had my four Mike's Hard Black Cherry Lemonades.  Once my parents arrived "home" everyone went to bed for the night.

We woke up Sunday morning to the beginning of a few days worth of extreme heat.  Heat advisories were constantly on the TV and it was just plain hot.  We packed up pretty quickly following breakfast.  It felt so good to be in the truck with AC!  We made a pit stop at The Windmill for some ice-cream.  I ordered a chocolate milkshake and what I got was not what I was expecting.  They used chocolate ice-cream instead of vanilla with chocolate syrup to get the chocolate in the shake.  I'm not a chocolate ice-cream fan so this didn't really hit the spot but due to the heat I drank most of it anyways.

After our ice-cream pit stop we drove home and enjoyed the afternoon by lounging in the house because it was so nice after being in the heat for a whole day and a half.  It made me appreciate the fact that my family can afford central air.

And there you have it!  So sorry it took so long for me to get this posted!
dying
bugs

2 comments:

antoszewskia said...

This looks so fun. relaxing with your little man! Love it!

Amy @ countrystrong21 said...

It was relaxing and fun, wish you could have joined me!