Friday, July 29, 2011

Let's Go Racing!

It's finally Friday!!!  Gosh does it ever feel good to be able to say that.  I mentioned in a previous post that I've been working up to 5 hours of overtime per week and I won't lie, it's exhausting.  At this point in my life, and with the job I'm currently at I have a negative view on overtime.  The extra money is great, especially since I used a lot of money at Country Fest [post(s) still coming!] and I'm going to have to pay for tuition pretty soon.  But I'm going to be honest with you, I see overtime as more time to get upset that other people couldn't do their job right and I am now babysitting to make sure that it's fixed.  It sucks!

But enough of that negativity.

Tonight and tomorrow night my family, or at least parts of it (like my grandpa, aunt, mom, and dad) will be going to the races at the local quarter mile track.  We're going to the Larry Detjens Memorial race.  From what my mom told me about Larry Detjens he died in a racing accident, the guard rail came through his car and killed him.  A family friend who worked on his car had recently cut roll bars out of the car to make the car lighter, per Larry's request.  Talk about a hard thing to get over.  The late model feature is a 150 laps so it should be a great two nights of racing in memory of a great Wisconsin racer.

My mom and grandpa are excited to go tonight because of the autograph session featuring people like Dick Trickle (raced locally and went up to the big time NASCAR), Mike Miller, Ross Kenseth (Matt Kenseth's son), and local people who I grew up watching.  I remember being to embarrassed to talk to these drivers when we would go in the pits after the races but I always wanted their autographs.  I'm sure I won't be that way tonight.

I'll do my best to take some pictures so I can do a more exciting post about the races.

Tomorrow morning Bo has his first vet appointment (since we've had him) so I'll be getting up nice and early to go with my dad.  I'm anxious to see how much he's grown.  We haven't weighed him in a while so I'm curious how much he weighs now after we've had him for 3 weeks.  He's definitely growing fast though as he's getting taller daily it seems!

Enjoy your Friday people!

What are your weekend plans?

No comments: