Friday, August 26, 2011

Missing a Piece of the Puzzle?

Before I write anything else I need to apologize to any of you reading my blog.  When I wrote my last post What's My Motivation? I left out a piece of the puzzle, something I was afraid I would do because I think faster than I type and thought I included everything. 

I jumped from talking about Claire's post, the comment I left, and Claire's response right into what my motivation is for losing weight.  I forgot to say something about how taking "me time" = being a lazy bum by watching TV or reading a book.  As a result of all this "me time" I'm not being very active.  I work in an office where I'm sitting in front of the computer 99% of the time and then I come home and continue to sit around doing nothing.  While yes, I enjoy reading and watching TV and it's my time to relax after a long day at work at some point there's too much "me time" taking place.  Or at least the wrong kind of "me time" activities are taking place.  After sharing this with all of you readers would be where I would get into what my motivation is for losing weight and how I'm not doing what needs to be done despite my strong motivators.

I hope that makes sense and I didn't lose any one.

Speaking of "me time" Wednesday after work I had a massage.  Man oh man was that the fastest hour of my life!  I walked out of there feeling like a new woman who could stand up straight without having to think about it.  I will be doing my best to get another massage in 4-6 weeks.  By then I'll be down to 20 hours a week at work so I'll be a little bit tighter on cash so we'll see what I can do.

I made myself feel even better yesterday when I went to the chiropractor to have an adjustment done.  It's amazing how much easier it is to be adjusted when you're muscles are loose from a massage.  My head felt so much lighter as I was walking out of there thanks to having my neck adjusted and pairing that with the massage from the day before.

Isn't it crazy how you don't realize how bad you felt until you feel great?

Well, now that I've provided the missing piece of the puzzle from my last post and filled you in on the "me time" I've been taking these last two days that has benefited my body I will leave you with a teaser of an upcoming post.

I'm not promising anything but I'm fairly confident that there will be pictures of puppies (yes plural!), a handsome looking daddy, and a hot momma.

Any guesses as to what I may be doing tomorrow??  Maybe a prize will be involved if you guess correctly...  Feel free to look through previous posts to get a hint.  That's all the help I'm giving you!

Enjoy your Friday!!

1 comment:

Claire Beeks said...

Awesome post! I have had a few massages and they are sooo relaxing! One time I even started crying I was in need of some TLC so badly. I think everyone out there should try it! Don't be too hard on yourself, you just need to find the type of exercise that best suits YOU, Amy! It will happen!

Have an awesome weekend girl!
xoxo