Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Playing Catch Up

It's been a few days since I last updated you on the goings on in my life so here's a quick recap.

Thursday after work I again went to the fair with my aunt where we ate dinner, went to the concert (Sawyer Brown) and then went to the beer tent to enjoy some adult beverages.  My aunt's friend ended up going that night as well so we ended up staying until they were closing down (11/11:30pm I think).  While we were in the beer tent I ran into a girl I knew from high school.  She invited me to a party she was hosting at her house Saturday night which I'll get to in a bit.

Friday I went to work where the day dragged by due to the lack of sleep I had gotten the previous two nights.  Once 5pm finally rolled around my mom and I booked it out of there.  Well, I was the one who wanted to book it out of there since it had been two days since I last saw Bo.  When we got home I was so excited to see him.  I may have let him chew on me a bit more than I normally would have just because I was so happy to see him and didn't really care....Until it hurt really bad that is.

Saturday morning my parents, Bo and I went to visit my dad's mom as she has been battling breast cancer and was supposed to go in for surgery Wednesday.  Based on what I heard of the phone conversation between my dad and his mom I do not believe she is going in for surgery any more.  After visiting for a while my dad and I dropped my mom off at Sam's Club while my dad and I took Bo to Petsmart.  We ended up getting him a Kong toy to try and keep him occupied with a toy instead of our hands and arms.

It would work a whole lot better if the treats we have at home weren't small enough to just fall out of the Kong when it's turned up on the end with the bigger hole.  Once this bag of puppy treats is gone we'll find some that work better with the Kong.

I finally went out that night around 9:30pm.  Luckily the party was not far from my house so it didn't take me long to get there, or get home.  I ended up staying until 4am.  I haven't stayed out, or up that late in a long time.  Guess I'm turning into a grandma in my "old" age.

Despite not getting home until after 4am I was up at about 8:30am thanks to an alarm.  I'm not crazy for setting an alarm, I just didn't want to sleep the whole day away.  I did nap throughout the day so it isn't like I made myself stay up all day.

Sunday was basically a relaxation day where I did nothing but be a bum.  Those are seriously my favorite kinds of days!

Now it's day two of the work week and I'm realizing I have a problem with getting up on time again.  This morning I didn't get out of bed until almost 7am.  In a few short weeks I'll be back in school and that will just not fly considering I need to be to work by 7:30am three days a week.  Now is the time for me to start building some good habits; getting up on time, completing my to-do list each day, and keeping up on cleaning and laundry.  All of these things will help me once school starts so it's time to get moving!

Question for you...
How was your weekend?

No comments: