Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wednesday we are not friends

Before I get into my pile of homework I brought to school with me today I wanted to give my readers yet another post!  I seem to be on a roll with keeping up on the blog so why stop now right?!

Anyways... This past Friday I posted about getting enough sleep and my poor habits that lead to me feeling less than 100% - you can read it here.  Thanks to all of your lovely comments about how you figured out when was the best time for you to hit the hay and how many hours of sleep you need I decided I would try my hand at getting to bed by 10:00pm to wake up at 5:45-6:00am.

Sunday night I managed to get myself to bed by 10:30pm - not bad, still 7.5 hours of sleep.  Monday night was horrible, I didn't go to bed until after 12am.  Why?  Because I decided since I was sitting around at home all day Tuesday I didn't really need to worry about getting to bed at a decent time.  I still got 8 hours of sleep but I still felt pretty tired throughout the day.  One of those weird things where even though I got "enough sleep" it was at the wrong time of night I guess.  And now last night I got to bed at 10:30pm - not the time I was shooting for but again not bad.

Thanks to the lovely Caitlin @ Going 26.2 I know that it takes 2 week to form a new sleep habit so I need to be patient to see if this 10-10:30pm bed time is working out for me or not.

Even though I'm still feeling tired in the morning and throughout the day I am noticing that I am getting out of bed in a more timely manner than I was before so that's improvement!

Besides talking about my sleep habits I also just wanted to throw it out there that I'm really starting to dislike Wednesdays.

As mentioned last week in my Mission Accomplished! post I have gym Monday, Wednesday, and Friday - Monday being in the classroom and Wednesday and Friday being activity days.  Because I also have class from 5:30-8pm on Wednesdays I have to workout and then stay at school until class is over that night.

It sucks!

I do my best to freshen myself up by using dry shampoo, body spray, facial cleansing wipes (which I also use on my body), and of course a change of clothes but it still doesn't make me feel the greatest for staying in public.

Yes, there is a locker room but I'll be honest, I've never been in it and I'm not comfortable taking a shower - if there is one - at school.

It's times like these that I wished I lived in town!  I would then be able to go home after gym to shower, eat, and do homework until it was time for class at 5:30.  Could this also be a bad thing as I would then be distracted by the TV and doing other things?  Definitely, but look at me now - I'm blogging instead of working on homework!

There!  I feel as though I've told you all about the important things going on in my head right now.  Oh wait!  There is more but I'll save that for another post because this one has already gone a little long.  And let's face it, I need to get down to business homework.

Questions for you...

Do you have a least favorite day of the week with your current schedule?

Currently listening to...

Redneck Side - Justin Moore - album: Outlaws Like Me (Can you tell I like Justin Moore yet?)

No comments: